04 November 2007

mom would be proud

One of my favorite memories as a child is the yummy smell of homemade bread! My mom kicks some serious batootie when it comes to making bread from scratch. I've tried a couple times to duplicate it, and although I do have the recipe, it just doesn't have that "mom touch". Oh, it still tastes divine, but somehow my loaves always come out all mis-shaped and cracked. Oh well, as long as it tastes good, and Josh loves it, so I guess that's all that matters! I won't be entering any bread making contests anytime soon anyway.....

Tips from Mom:


Kneed the bread until you think your hands will fall off, then kneed for about five minutes longer.


Whack and punch the bread, taking all your pent-up aggression out on it, again, til you think your hands will fall off.


Cover and let rise...


Yummy!!!!!


Husband approved!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good wife! I can make good banana bread but that is about it!

    ReplyDelete