19 April 2008

iwo who-a?

I woke up thinking about this and I just can't shake it this morning. If you haven't heard about the waters TIME has been stirring up, you can read about it here. Maybe it's because I was raised in a household with a strong sense of patriotism, maybe it's because I have a few family members related to the military, maybe it's because I have a low tolerance for disrespect, maybe it's because I love my God and my country and those close to me who have fought for the freedom of both. Maybe it's for all these reasons that I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the thinking process of this comparison. My initial reaction when I saw this: "What? You've got to be kidding me". Whether you see global warming as a valid threat or not, making this kind of statement seems ludicrous, and completely disrespectful.

Thanks, Pam, for bringing this to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment