10 December 2008

22 weeks


This picture is a week old now. I go through phases with my blogging and lately I've been in an "off" phase. Sort of like the childhood diary I used to keep where I would write in it for a month straight and then not come back to it for six months. Maybe not quite to that extreme. =)

Things are rolling along. I go for my next appointment next Tuesday and get the joy of going through the sugar test to make sure I don't have the gestational diabetes. Since I'm kind of at high risk for it I am praying I can sail through without it. I can't believe we are over halfway there! Josh has had the opportunity a couple of times now to feel Daisy kicking. That was so cool! Sometimes she's quite the little gymnist....or tae kwon do master....you know, whatever. ;)

While I love being pregnant, I am hating my job more than ever and that kind of throws a damper on things a lot of the time. I dread getting up in the morning b/c it means I have to go to this job. I dread going to bed at night b/c it means I will have to get up in the morning to go to this job. I dread Sunday nights b/c it means the weekend is over and I have to come back to this job. I am not planning on working after Daisy is born. I have never understood those who go back to work after having a child, simply b/c they want to. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom and I guess it's just one of those things I can't imagine that everyone else doesn't want to be that too. A very self-centered view, I know. I almost feel like it's what I was made to do. Especially since I have never had a very strong pull to a certain career or field of study. I went through college studying things I enjoyed and having a lot of fun, but I feel like I was more just sharpening my hobbies rather than preparing for the future. Then when I got out of college I basically just took the first good paying job I could find, which happened to be sales, which just might be the job I hate most in the world, go figure. I am not a salesperson and I'll be the very first to admit that. I am more the "would you like this? no? ok." type of person. So anyway, all that to say, I am counting the days til I can walk out the sales door and never look back.

Josh and I had a great time visiting my family in PA over the Thanksgiving holiday. I have a few pictures that I can post later, but honestly I think I was having such a great time relaxing and enjoying time spent together that most of the time I totally forgot about taking pictures, which is weird for me. I think Daniel and Kate took more self-portraits than I did chronicling the whole trip. Hee hee. You know at least one of them will have to show up on the family website, Kate. =)

My mom threw me a baby shower while I was home, which was awesome. I got to see a lot of people I normally wouldn't have, and we have a good start on things for Daisy's grand entrance. I will share more on that later. TTFN!

Oh, by the way, if you use Google or some other reader, you should click on my blog to see my new layout. I think it's pretty. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment