27 May 2014

Backpacking To The Library


Since being down to one car, I miss being able to just up and go somewhere with the kids during the day since the Hubs has the car at work.  Today we didn't let it stop us!  Trip to the library!  

One thing is for sure, I was prepared.  I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the boys in the bike trailer/stroller.  Ice water, bag of books to return, diaper bag with essentials of diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes for the potty training dude.  Daisy rode her scooter, I jogged while pushing the stroller.  It really wasn't that far - just over a mile - but quite a hike for little ones.  One the way back, Daisy wanted to ride so her and Jesse switched out.  We hung the scooter over the stroller and Jesse jogged beside me.  When he got tired about 1/4 of the way from home, I put him on my shoulders and pushed the stroller.  If only the paparazzi had come along just then.  They're always just missing me, it seems.

Daisy was such a trooper!  We walked into the library, hot, sweaty, and red as beets.  I'm sure we were a sight.  People just smiled.  We freshened up in the bathroom and fully enjoyed our library play time. 

Our library has an awesome kids section.  Not only great books but also toddler appropriate computer games as well as oodles of learning toys.  My kids could stay busy there for several hours.  Unfortunately we only had about 30 minutes before we had to head back so we could get lunch and get into nap time.

Okay, let me just be a proud Momma and brag for a minute.  Jesse is currently potty training and has been doing so good.  Today was his first time "out" without a pull up.  Completely dry the whole time.  AND he jogged almost the whole way back home.  He just might be my athlete.  

Now nap time!  Kid tip #354: If you want kids to take a good nap, drag them around town for a couple miles in the hot sun.  Works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment