08 December 2007

a lifeway thanksgiving

Ok, so I didn't quite make it for posting before the end of the week like I said before. Now that I've got my pictures downloaded and edited on my computer, posting blogs won't be such a chore. I won't post them all at once as there are a few I want to show. There are several from Thanksgiving so bear with me as I know we are mere days away from Christmas now! Actually, it's my blog and you chose to read it, so deal with it. Heh heh.

In this picture are most of the people I work with in our Telesales department at LifeWay. I am very thankful for these people! When Josh and I moved here back in April, I had no idea what I was walking into. These are some of the most caring people I've ever met and they truly made me feel at home and like I belong there. God has blessed me beyond what I could have imagined in giving me a job here....and now Josh works here too! He works in a different department, but we are very blessed and thankful to God for how He is providing for us!

Our department is split into two teams, and before we had our meal, there was a contest held to see who could come up with the best version of some sort of Thanksgiving mascot. My team just happens to have a myriad of talent, I must say. When you put that many creative minds in one room, the results are well, rather amazing. My team held our own version of the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Our mascot was...drumroll please...the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turkey. Here's a picture, but if you are just dying to see some live footage, click here. Yes, we really are that crazy...but we sure do have fun!
The other team played the song, "Baby Got Back" and changed the words to be relevant to our job...it was so funny! The picture will have to do it justice b/c I couldn't get the video to work for me.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful group of people you work with. I watched the video. Very funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that office looks like too much fun! Are you sure you work??? For real...so happy for you : ) Momma Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:

    1. That first picture reminds of the dinners at the Bealls'. Ah, the memories.

    2. Especially because of the second mascot, you've GOT to see this:

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tTYr3JuueF4

    ReplyDelete