20 December 2007

thanksgiving in 'pah' part v: alumni game

Why is it that when you are young, you want nothing more than to be older, and it seems that you will never arrive to that point anytime soon? Then when you actually get older, you wonder where the years (and your physical conditioning) have gone so quickly? While home in PA, I had the opportunity to get together with a few girls I went to high school with and attempt a little b-ball action. Fortunately there were a few girls on my team who were conditioned enough to help us keep up with the high school team. We only lost by two points! These pics are not very good at all. The lighting inside the gym wasn't the best for picture taking, but hubby did pretty good with what he had to work with. Here I am before the game. As you can see I am still breathing properly...oh yeah, and the brace is a precaution. I had surgery on my knee a few years ago as a result of some intense Tae-Bo. (I would love to say it's a sports injury - sounds so much tougher, but, yeah. It happened b/c I was kicking the air over my head. Woo-hoo!)



Here I am right before attempting a 3-pointer that didn't go in. In fact, I didn't score the whole game!! Just a tad different from my high school days!



This one is right after there was a tie up with the ball. Apparently my dribbling skills are just as good as they were back in the day...(that's not a good thing)



Two of my awesome fellow graduates of 1998 and their kids. Tracy and Lily and Katie and James. A few years ago I started doing this thing where I shut my eyes anytime a picture is taken...thus the silly look on my face.



So I made a fool of myself running around on the basketball court, but I enjoyed so much getting to spend some time with some great friends that I haven't seen in years! Hopefully this is the start of staying in better touch as I am very bad at that.

2 comments: