20 April 2009

1 week old


Daisy LouAnn Canady was born on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 5:37 pm central time at Vanderbilt Hospital, Nashville, TN. She was 9 lbs, 3 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. Labor and delivery went smoothly and quickly. We arrived at the hospital at 10 am at 4 cm, and 7.5 hours later she arrived!

I am so happy and thankful that we were able to deliver naturally with no medication or interventions. It was the most wonderful experience I've ever had. The most painful, of course, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. It's funny that even while I was being ripped apart, I had such an immense love for this child and that along with the focus I had of being able to hold her in the end was a driving force in getting me through.


This was the other driving force. Josh was an amazing support. He was always available for me and yet somehow he still managed to keep our family and friends updated via facebook. He is such a proud daddy and loves his little girl more than anything.

I knew that I would love her. Before she entered this world I loved her. What I didn't realize was that I would love her more every day. I've heard people use the expression before, and I've experienced it with my husband, but I wasn't prepared for the intensity at which my love for her grows every day...and she's only a week old!




I would do anything for this little girl! She is our miracle. We were one step short of having invasive surgery to find out why I couldn't get pregnant, and down to my last dose of fertility medicine. I still don't understand the full extent of God's timing, or why He has chosen to bless us with our greatest desire at all. I am, however, so VERY thankful. I just don't have the words to describe it.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful...what a miracle! It gave me the chills reading your story. It is amazing how Gods timing is just perfect and now you are blessed with a perfect baby girl. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete