03 February 2011

because i can!


I told myself, "we don't need any cake around here" (very true), "I don't really feel like baking" (not true), "I probably don't have all the right ingredients" (also not true). In the end, I lost this crazy argument with myself and made this concoction of chocolaty, peanut buttery goodness. I've been reading a lot of baking blogs lately, and I think it sort of got into my system and I just had to make this cake today. Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. My favorite. My mouth is watering right now because I'm thinking about it and I haven't had a piece of it yet. You ask pretty much anyone in my family what their favorite kind of cake is and they will say chocolate with peanut butter icing. I don't know how we all got the same gene that adores this particular kind of cake, but I do know that when I eat it I completely forget about any particular diet that I just might be on at the moment. It's that good.

On the baking note, my new favorite blog is this one. I posted a link to Bakerella's book the other day. I've since been reading her blog and I find it interesting. I am thinking of trying my hand at the cake pops this weekend. I saw this idea and thought I would try it out in honor of the superbowl. This is kind of funny since I have a complete disinterest in the sport. It does make some good background noise for a nap, though, on the rare occasion that I take one.

So back to the baking thing, I also added to my reader this blog which was recommended by Bakerella. I haven't had much of a chance to read it yet but I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. You should check out this blog, I am addicted! http://foodgawker.com/

    ReplyDelete