29 April 2011

happy birthday, daddy!

I love this man.

Is it bad that I'm doing a birthday blog on my dad when it's actually my MOM'S birthday? I never do anything on time, so why start now, right? My dad's birthday was actually on the 9th of this month, and today is my mom's (happy birthday, mom!)...but her blog will come later. Cuz that's just how I roll. Late. Very late.


I do love him. There is something VERY special about him, simply because he is my daddy. He has taught me so much about honesty, integrity, perseverance, patience, strength...and love. Him and I are very much alike in so many ways. I can't tell you how many times we've been in a situation or a conversation and all we have to do is look at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking. He always makes me laugh with his quiet, be-on-your-toes-or-you-might-miss-it humor.

I've had some previous health issues, and my dad not so long ago told me that he was afraid he would not live to see my children.

God had plans.


Boy, did He have plans.

I am so very happy and blessed that God has seen fit that my daddy should be able to see and hold my children. We live very far apart now. And it stinks. I hate not being able to see him (and my mom) more often. But I do know that my family is where we are supposed to be at this point in time.

So for now, and for however long it may be, we send pictures, we talk on the phone, and we have the occasional visit. Happy birthday, Dad! I love you more than I can say. I'll leave on this note:


Who wouldn't want a dad like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment