08 July 2011

2 am seasoning

I couldn't sleep last night. At first I was baffled as to why sleep wouldn't come. While it takes me a few minutes to fall asleep, I always, inevitably, fall asleep. Unless I am pregnant, or awake with a baby, I never have problems with sleepless nights. When it finally came to me, that the 16 and some odd ounces of soda I guzzled right before bed was probably the cause, I realized I wasn't going to be sleepy any time soon. Dumb. So what does one do when one cannot sleep in the early morning?

Make homemade taco seasoning, of course! I found this recipe over at Smashed Peas and Carrots and though I haven't had a chance to actually try it yet, I am excited to do so! I love saving money, and healthier is great too! With my couponing I can sometimes get taco seasoning for free, but if this is as good as I think it will be, that won't even matter anymore!

The fact that it was so incredibly easy is reason enough to do it! I literally dumped all the seasoning in a little bowl and stirred it around. The end. Voila!

Looks pretty good, and smells good too! And since it only took a couple of minutes to do, I was still standing in the middle of my kitchen, bleary eyed, yet very much awake. Oh well, I killed at least 2 minutes if you count the time it took me to retrieve all the spices and containers from their various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment