21 July 2011

yummy, cakeity goodness


I'm a nerd. There. I said it. Yes, I like Harry Potter. Yes, when I first discovered the books four of them were already out and I just might have holed up in my room for a few days and read them all. Who needed to go to class anyway?

Oh.

Yeah.

Oops.

Yes, I might have pre-ordered the last book, received it at my door on a Saturday morning and read all day to the finish that night. And I might have cried. Maybe. So I know these may be a little late with the final movie opening last weekend and all, but I just couldn't help myself when I was making these cake bites and realized I already had all the right color fondant on hand.


Let me tell you, there is a reason why only one of these things are adorned with Harry's glasses. Those suckers were hard to do! My fondant was a little dried out, so that didn't help. I wanted to have the arms of the glasses folded over each other but when I tried to position them they started cracking and breaking. I'll just pretend these are his glasses before Hermione repaired them in book one.

I told you I was a nerd.


The famous scar. Once I figured out how to draw a lightning bolt these were super easy. I'm a little embarrassed about the fact that I had to dig out one my books to refer to. I mean, it's a lightning bolt. I also couldn't decide which direction I liked them pointing so I did some of both.


The scarf was my favorite to do. While reading one of the many blogs I follow, I learned a little trick with putting the two colors together and I was very excited to try it out. This was my second attempt and I'm pretty happy with it!

On to prettier, less nerdy things...



The last batch of cake pops I did was a dud so I am pretty stoked about the looks of these!


I like the colors, but think there's a different combination I would have liked better. I am picturing these blue flowers with yellow centers on a green cake bite....but this is what I had on hand so I made do.


Oh, yummy.


Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. as much as we miss you guys i am thinking it's a good thing that we don't live near you. i want to munch on everything on your blog!!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would gladly promise to never give you anything i make if it would mean we lived closer! :)

    ReplyDelete