28 February 2013

the joy of snow


We have had a couple snow days here in Kansas over the last week or two.  It's been fun.  There's just something about getting lots of snow that makes you feel like there really isn't anything you can do except go out and play in it, or stay inside and watch movies.  I don't know what it is.  I stay at home with my kids so it's not like having to stay home all day is anything new or different for us, but give us a ton of snow during the night and it's like a free pass for not having to accomplish anything but fun the next day!


There are so many things about this photo that I love!  The crooked hat, the tongue, the mis-matched mittens-both girl mittens, by the way.  I bought him some new mittens before our Christmas vacation and managed to lose them so well that they have yet to turn up.  He never even got to use them!  So we've been scrambling ever since because I keep thinking, well it probably won't snow again till next year.  Boy was I wrong!  At least I found some old ones of his sister's so I didn't have to strap his dad's on him again.


This picture reminds me of one that would be in a magazine somewhere.


I was so proud of him dragging the sled all by himself!


That about sums it up!





No comments:

Post a Comment