01 March 2013

practice makes perfect...or...a lot better, at least


My first ever cake pops.  Almost exactly two years ago.  The shape of the hearts wasn't so bad.  Using a good food pen does wonders, though!  

Here are some my partner and I made the other night.


I honestly can't believe it's taken two years to create basketball pops.  I used to live and breathe basketball. You know, back in the day when my entire responsibility quota consisted of don't fail a class...and...keep my room clean?  We won't talk about my success at these responsibilities.  Back to this post.  My point is, I'm surprised I haven't done basketball cake pops until now.  My partner actually dipped these and then I drew on the lines.  Let me tell you, this was MUCH harder than I thought it would be!  It took probably half a dozen before I didn't have to look at the actual basketball that Anna brought up from her garage for me to look at.  :)  Creating a 3D basketball is a little different than doodling it on notebook paper, which is what the majority of my high school class notes consisted of.  I did finally get to the point where I could just do it without looking at the ball, however, it was still very difficult to make the lines straight.  Anyway, even though my perfectionist personality won't allow me to proclaim how amazing and wonderful and perfect they are (I can point out three things to you in this picture that kill me every time I look at it), I am pretty proud of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment