09 September 2013

Repurposed Note Cards


What I'm about to share with you is mind blowing.  Okay, not really, but it's pretty cool.  If you are like me, you hate throwing stuff away.  If I can look at something and know that I can use it as something other than it was originally intended, you usually have to pry it out of my cold, dead fingers to get me to part with it.  Or simply convince me I don't need it.

I wanted a little note card.  Not a full size CARD card, but just a little note card that you would get with a box of chocolates or a dozen roses or something.

When I looked in my card drawer I realized I didn't have anything like this.  What I did have was an entire stack of thank you cards from my wedding.  9 years ago.  Yep, in the 9 years we have been married, we have moved our living space 9 times.  And I have carted these cards with me to every one.  Each time I packed them up I wondered if I would ever find a time to use them.  I couldn't decide if they were too "wedding-like" to use as regular thank you cards, and it's not like I'm going to go to a wedding and give the bride and groom a thank you card.  That would be strange.

So finally, I found a use for them!


Using my trusty straight edge cutter, I placed the card on it.


I lined it up so that I was cutting as close to the wording as possible so that I could get as much blank card as possible.


I cut the blank part off


I saved (of course) the card with the thank you and flowers on it.  These could be cut out and glued into another card.  Maybe different color paper would make it not so wedding-ish?  Or if you just use the thank you and not the flowers?


Next I took the blank card and folded it in half.  You could either cut down the fold and make two note cards, or keep it like this and have it be a folded card.


Press down flat.


I chose to keep mine like this rather than cut it in half.  Isn't it cute?


Embellish however you want!  On a side note, I love Sharpie pens.  Love them.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete