22 February 2014

Snow Ice Cream!


When I was young, making snow ice cream was one of the many highlights of the winter season.  I would make a single serving every single night and eat it straight from the mixing bowl.  

Since most of the country has been getting hit with inches and feet of the fluffy white stuff, there have been various pictures and videos popping up all over the internet of people taking full advantage of their mandatory snow days!

This winter was our kids' first taste of snow ice cream.  And I think it was a hit!

This recipe is so easy:

1. Snow
2. Vanilla
3. Sweetened Condensed Milk

Oh and a side note, you don't need this much snow.  We got a little over zealous!  :)


Measure out about 8 cups of snow.


Pour in 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.


Add 1 tsp of vanilla.


And stir!
I'm not sure what he caught sight of here, but he did a pretty good job stirring it up!


I think it was a winner!












2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! My husband tried to make some this year but it was a different recipe and wasn't a huge hit...we'll try yours next year. You have cute little helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess! Definitely try it and let me know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete