15 September 2014

Battle of the Mind today: See who won

Photo Credit and AWESOME post!!

A stream of thoughts that went through my head on my run this morning at any given time between 5:15 and 5:50 am:

Oh my gosh I've never been this tired.
Yes you have, that's stupid.
Man, I really am tired though.
Just get through this - then go to bed early for once tonight.

Gosh I'm slow.  I'm barely jogging, really.
But you're moving.
Might as well be walking.
Just keep it above a walk.  You can do this.
Seriously though, I might as well be walking.
Don't you dare.

Holy cow I've only done two laps?  I feel like I should be done by now!
Don't look at your phone.  Don't look at your phone. Just run. Don't worry about time today.
Wish I didn't have to carry it.....wait, what is this?.......there's a pocket in these pants for my phone?  GET. OUT!  My pants just got a whole lot cooler.  I have cool pants.

My race is going to kill me on Saturday, I can't believe it's been so long since I've been out here.
Your race will only make you stronger, and prove that you haven't lost as much traction as you thought.
Yeah, but I'm going to DIE.
That's dumb, you will not.
Seriously though, there's hills.  My last races didn't have hills.  I'm doomed.
Worst that will happen is you have to walk some of it.
I don't want to walk some of it.  I want to run the whole thing.
Yeah, but if you *have* to walk..
I'm not walking.

I can do this.  I know I can do this.  I KNOW I can do this!  I'm DOING this!!

The battle of the mind is REAL!  I may have thrown some funny stuff in there because, well, that really is how my mind goes but in all seriousness, I don't think people give enough credit to the strength and power that their mind holds.

One of my favorite quotes that I think I've posted here before is, 

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't - you are right." -Henry Ford

What we tell ourselves is extremely important.  Make sure it's positive.  Positivity breeds success.  And I think we all would like some of that.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment