19 September 2013

Thursday Thinker: I am lazy

 

"Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise," -Prov. 6:6
I always heard about the ant, about how it works hard and does its job well, but there are some things about the ant that I never knew before going to church last weekend.  Pastor Tim Howey gave great insight into the life of the ant with a ton of amazing facts.  Two things for me that stuck:

*Most ants are female
*Ants have no leader

It is absolutely amazing, all that the ant accomplishes...and with no leader to guide them!  

A sluggard is a lazy person.  I've never really considered myself a lazy person.  Then I heard this: "Procrastination is a version of laziness."
How many times have I put off doing what I know I should do?
Too many.
How many times have I convinced myself that I am fine and justified my sluggish ways to the point of not moving at all?
Way too many.

"How long will you lie down, O sluggard?  When will you arise from your sleep?"

How long, indeed.

I will be very honest with you.  The two biggest areas of my life right now where I need to pick up the pace and get moving are: 

1. Going deeper with God
2. Take better care of my body with good food and exercise

What areas of your life do you need to get moving in?  



2 comments:

  1. great thoughts. we all need to be reminded of the 'ant'

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Ardhanarishwara, the blissfully turing one who resides in the third eye plexus (Ajna Chakra) of each aspirant and who denotes the union of my Param Gurudeva Bhagwan Shiva and my Param Gurudevi Maa Shakti, are offered these salutions, prior this little student continues any further with the text,
    For more info visit: Atman

    ReplyDelete