19 September 2013

Thursday Thinker: I am lazy

 

"Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise," -Prov. 6:6
I always heard about the ant, about how it works hard and does its job well, but there are some things about the ant that I never knew before going to church last weekend.  Pastor Tim Howey gave great insight into the life of the ant with a ton of amazing facts.  Two things for me that stuck:

*Most ants are female
*Ants have no leader

It is absolutely amazing, all that the ant accomplishes...and with no leader to guide them!  

A sluggard is a lazy person.  I've never really considered myself a lazy person.  Then I heard this: "Procrastination is a version of laziness."
How many times have I put off doing what I know I should do?
Too many.
How many times have I convinced myself that I am fine and justified my sluggish ways to the point of not moving at all?
Way too many.

"How long will you lie down, O sluggard?  When will you arise from your sleep?"

How long, indeed.

I will be very honest with you.  The two biggest areas of my life right now where I need to pick up the pace and get moving are: 

1. Going deeper with God
2. Take better care of my body with good food and exercise

What areas of your life do you need to get moving in?  



1 comment:

  1. great thoughts. we all need to be reminded of the 'ant'

    ReplyDelete