19 June 2013

Praising Him In The Storm


Yesterday was a hard day. My family is going through a pretty tough time right now. And when you're going through a valley, it makes all the day to day "tough stuff" that much tougher. The baby had a fever, didn't want to be put down, and didn't nap very well. The four year old asserted her stubborn side, and the two year old was, well, two

Through the tears, the frustration, the anxiety, and the hopelessness, one thing kept coming back into my mind. I went to the Psalms to find some comfort and there it was again. I wasn't looking to any particular Psalm, I just opened my Bible there and started reading. David seemed to be as low as anyone could get. I read his cry out to God for several verses, then there it was... 
But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.
At the end of the day, David still praised God, because he recognized that even though he was a step above dead, he still had things to be thankful for.

All day yesterday, through all of this, a song kept popping into my mind. One line, over and over. I pulled it up on YouTube to hear all the words. It's a good one. Take a listen. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment